EMPHASIS, BACKGROUND, MEMBERSHIPS & AFFILIATIONS
- Alana's practice involves complex commercial litigation with a focus primarily on environmental litigation and employment litigation.
- In her environmental practice, she has experience representing clients in large-scale cost recovery actions under CERCLA and state law statutes, actions seeking injunctive relief under RCRA, and citizens' suits brought under various federal statutes and regulatory programs including the Clean Water Act and the Clean Air Act.
- In her employment practice, Alana has experience defending clients in claims under the Age Discrimination in Employment Act (ADEA), the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA), the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and Title VII.
- While at Duquesne, she was a member of the trial advocacy program and competed in the Buffalo-Niagara National Mock Trial Competition in Buffalo, New York.
- Alana was admitted to the Pennsylvania Bar in 2010 and the Western District of Pennsylvania in 2011; and is admitted to the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Third, Seventh and D.C. Circuits.
- She is a member of the Allegheny County, Pennsylvania and American Bar Associations.
- Alana is also a member of the Toxic Torts and Environmental Law Committee of the Defense Research Institute (DRI) and actively participates in planning activities for the Committee's annual seminar.